Monday, July 2, 2012

Barnes ex-CEO: Not broke when sought Philly move




PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A citizens group that unsuccessfully fought to prevent The Barnes Foundation's move to Philadelphia is asking to have the case reopened, because the former CEO wrote that the foundation wasn't actually broke when it sought to break the founder's will.

The Friends of the Barnes group is citing a blog post last month by former Barnes president and CEO Kimberly Camp.

The post says when the Barnes asked to move from its suburban Merion home, it had a cash surplus and no debt. But Camp writes that claiming bankruptcy "made the rescue so much more gallant."

The group that long opposed the move says that's contrary to what officials stated in court. They want a judge to reopen the case.

The foundation holds the multibillion-dollar art collection of the late pharmaceutical magnate Dr. Albert Barnes.



Source & Image : Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment